Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moscato Sangria

I was bragging to some friends about how BOMB this Sangria I made was and (surprise surprise) someone asked me for the recipe.  Why be stingy? I'm making a blog out of it.

I'd like to tell you how the idea came about.  I am a lover of rap music & for a while all these rappers kept talking about Moscato in their songs.  So I bought some, just to see how it was.  Only problem is, I'm not a big white wine person, and after I bought it, I tried some that someone else had and I didn't too much care for it, as it is reeeeally sweet.  So it sat in my fridge for months until it hit me. EUREKA! Make a sangria out of it.  I shared some with a couple of friends, but still had plenty left over.  I'm not one to drink alone, but I sure did make an exception for this delicious beverage and polished it off by myself! *laffin*

For your drinking & entertaining pleasure I present to you:

Moscato Sangria
-1 Bottle of Moscato
-about 3 shots of Gold Rum (I suggest Bacardi Gold)
-about 2 shots of Orange Liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
-IF you want it a little lighter, it's not a bad idea to add some sparkling water (Perrier or San Pellegrino).  Some recipes call for juice but geez, it's pretty sweet as is.
-Cut up fruit into smallish chunks - I used nectarines, pears, orange & canned pineapple...but there's plenty of other fun fruits you can put into it.  Berries, mangoes, grapefruit, peaches, plums, grapes.  Be careful about mixing the right fruits together.  I wouldn't mix dark berries with citrusy/tropical fruits.

Cut up desired amount of fruit and place in pitcher.  Pour the rum & liquor over them & stir.  Add the Moscato & stir again. Taste it to see if you'd like to add more of anything.  I suggest letting it refrigerate for a couple of hours.  Serve over ice.

***Cost-saving tip!  I probably never will have a supply of liquor at my home.  So to make these types of drinks I just buy a few of the "little guys" (as I call them - the tiny bottles) up near the registers of liquor stores.

ENJOY!! (and drink responsibly! this stuff packs a punch!)

2 comments: